Digital Marketing Analyst
Makeover Solutions Inc. (New York, New York)
You will provide strategic business insight to all other functions based on analysis of data from various online analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Strongmail Message Studio, and other sources to optimize online content, email marketing, direct marketing and customer experiences. You will work closely with our editorial team to help them understand our users.
While some data ‘reporting’ and publishing of regular reports will be necessary, you will use your experience with Excel and the Google Analytics API (as well our our team of talented programmers) to minimize the time you spend pulling numbers and maximize the time you spend doing actual analysis.
– Work with VP of Strategic Development to create and evangelize dashboards to assist in decision-making. This process will include defining and documenting standardized metrics.
– Prepare regular reports to support email marketing, digital marketing, digital publishing and ecommerce efforts and company, site and user metrics.
– Measure site usability and effectiveness while turning data into actionable recommendations.
– Assist the Marketing/Licensing Managers and VP of Strategic Development in translating functional requirements to the technical specifications.
– Leverage applications such as Google Analytics, Doubleclick, Strongmail, Rubicon, etc. to provide reports on various business areas.
– Identify areas of operational improvement, either in ecommerce, sales conversion, site design, or marketing, based on input from managers and by analyzing data from various sources.
– Identify tracking issues for large amount of licensing sites in a timely manner and provide reports in a regular basis.
– Maintain active email mailing list and related supporting tasks.
– Assist in automation efforts as needed for executive and senior-level reporting.
– Build strong cross-functional relationships with business units.
– Strong analytical skills
– Curiosity and a desire to understand the ‘why’ and not just the ‘what’ of data
– BA/BS in quantitative coursework (eg mathematics, statistics, Comp Sci, Engineering)
– Minimum 1 years of web analytics experience, including web metrics experience, experience implementing Google Analytics or similar tools for web analytics tracking.
– Understanding of business process analysis, system analysis and data analysis.
– Hands-on experience with business intelligence software (e.g. SQL Server, Charles, HttpWatch, Firebug, etc.), and current knowledge of trends and applications in the industry a plus
– Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including verbal, written, listening and presentation.
– Strong process flow and diagramming skills.
Founded in 2000, Makeover Solutions runs one of the most popular independent beauty information sites on the web, and powers tools for over 100 other sites, including brands such as Clairol, Lancome, Mary Kay and Cover Girl.